I woke up this morning and checked my blog as I do every morning. But this time I had a huge surprise! An amazing blogger found me, and also nominated me for the Liebster Award.
I can`t even tell you how great and happy made me feel that Pearls + Girls included me in her nominees. So thank you again for making me feel visible and for giving me a great oportunity!
Honestly, I had no idea what Liebster Award is. So of course I had to make some research. This is a very fun way to make new friends, find amazing blogs and also help the newbie bloggers (such as me ).
The basic idea is very simple. After you are nominated, write a post, answering my questions, and then nominate 10 other blogs ( with less than 200 followers). You have to leave a comment on the nominees blog to let them know that they have been nominated. And don`t forget that you also have to make 10 of your own questions for your nominees to answer.
And also don`t forget to thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award and provide a link to his/her blog.
If you have any questions on how to do this, just send me an e-mail, or a comment, and I will make my best to help you.
Thank you again Pearls + Girls! Here are my answers to your questions:
1. Are you a morning persons or a night owl?
I`m more of a morning person, especially during summer. I love having my coffee on my terrace, and checking my mail and my blog in the morning sunshine. I live a quiet neighborhood, and I enjoy my mornings listening to the singing of the birds.
2. Why did you decide to start a blog?
This one is simple. I love baking cakes, and I love love eating them. I decided to share my easy recipes with other cake lovers. I love cakes since I`ve known myself, and as a child, I always helped my mother in making cakes (she loves them too). After all, I think it`s a family heritage.
3. Do you have any pets?
Yes, I do. I have a great Caucasian Shepherd Dog. He`s name is Oscar, he`s a big fellow, and barks almost all day long.
4. What is your ‘go to’ recipe for a quick weeknight dinner?
I think the right answer for this one is a quick veggies dinner. I just take out some frozen veggies from the freezer, put 2-3 oil drops in a frying pan, put the veggies, and they`re done in no time.
5. If given a choice, would you read a book or watch a movie?
Read a book. No second thoughts about that!
6. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is Christmas! I just love that spirit: making the tree, carolling, amazing and tasty cakes, the snow and I shoudn`t forget about the gifts!
7. Are you an introvert, an extrovert or a little of both?
I`m a little bit of both. I like making new friens and socializing, I`m a fun person and I like to laugh. But sometimes I am a little introvert.
8. What was your favorite food as a child?
As a child I was very picky regarding the food. I didn`t had a big appetite and I hated meat. But my favourite food was bread with honey. I know it sounds silly, but I just loved it!
9. You’ve been invited to a party. What gift would you bring for the hostess?
This depends on how familiar I am with the hostess. If she/he is a good friend, I would try to bring something that she/he likes, or needs (maybe a nice flower in a pot). And in the case I don`t know so well the hostess, I think a bottle of a good old wine should be good.
10. What was the last thing you cooked/baked for your family?
The last time I baked for my family it was on my birthday, and I made two tasty diplomat cakes with fruits.
And now, here are the questions for my nominees:
1. What is the story behind your blog name?
2. Why did you decide to start a blog?
3. What is your favorite dessert to make and eat?
4. Tell us about your biggest cooking catastrophe (this should be fun).
5. As a child, what was a profession you used to want to be, but are not now?
6. Do you have any pets?
7. What are your hobbies, besides blogging?
8. Which is your favorite season and why?
9. Your favorite food as a child was....
10. What advice would you give a newbie blogger?
I would love to read your answer, Nominees, so please leave a comment and link back to your post.
And my Nominees are:
Axiom at home
Milk and honey
Diabetes Done Right!
In my search of the ten blogs, I found more amazing blogs that I could ever think. So, I`m making my list a little bit more bigger :) :
Go bake yourself
Blue Crab Martini
All things healthful