Natural mask for hair

    The reason I`m not posting a yummy recipe today is this gross mayonese that I have in my hair. I call it a mayonese because it apparently looks like one, and gross because, well, it is very gross :-).



   I`ve been having lots of problems with my hair lately: no volume, very thin and it falls really bad(so bad that my house if full of my hair even my cat has less hair in the house that I do).



So, I decided that it`s time to do something about this. I already tried lots of treatments that are available in the store, or online. But nothing really helped. I recalled that I used a few years ago a natural mask, and it worked amazing for my hair. This is a very easy DIY mask.


The ingredients you need for medium hair are:
- an egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- aprox. 15 drops of liquid vitamin A

If you have longer hair, as I do, just double the ingredients.
And now all you have to do is to put this mayonese in your hair. I like to split up my hair in more sections, in this way it is easier to do the job, and I also make sure that I have mayonese everywhere. It took me about 30 to 40 minutes to spred it all over my hair.
The mask has to stay on for at least 2 hours, and then you have to wash your hair extremly well. And that`s it.




While you`re waiting for the mask to do it`s job, you can wrap a towel around your hair, or use a shower cap, or you can just make a bum of your hair. I recommand using a shower cap.In this way you can easily
do other things, without leaving any drops pf 'mayonese' after you.

I know this isn`t an easy recipe for a home made cookie, but it definitly is a very good recipe if you have problems with your hair. DOn`t expect miracles from the first use. This mask should be used once a week, and you will see improvments after the second or third use. Your hair will be thicker, will have a special shine and it won`t fall so badly.

So, what do you think? Is it worth a try? What other natural masks you use for your hair?


Also, join us at these amazing parties:

Lou Lou Girls

Pieced Pastimes

Sweet inspiration Link Party

Sundays at Home

Nifty Thrifty Sunday

Bouquet of Talent
Merry Monday Link Party

Monday Funday

8 comments :

  1. It is definitely worth a try. We spend a fortune on our hair and in the end it gets over processed. This is definitely a great idea. I've also used these types of make and they make my hair soft and silky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a neighbor that used mayo in her hair and she swore by it. I haven't tried it, but did I try Nioxin and it worked for me. You can see it on my blog. My hair filled by in and I was really amazed. Hope this works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will read about Nioxin, thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. This sounds amazing for your hair! Our hair suffers from so much product'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have exactly the same problems you had, I think I have to give this a try. Have you noticed an improvement after doing it? I'd love to know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can easily see the improvements after 2 or 3 uses.

      Delete
  5. I've never tried a homemade hair mask, but now you have me wanting to try!!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should try this too. My hair falls out by the handfuls. I assume it's from the over processing from color :) Good luck and hope this works for you! XO - Wendi @ H2OBungalow

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.