Ishler - chocolate cookies


  It`s been a long time since I haven`t posted anything. Easter cleaning and cooking got all my time. I made many kinds of cakes this Easter, the chocolate cake wrapped in coconut, ishler, baigli, creamy cake and the lemon cake. As I have some free time, I will post every recipe! For now, it`s just these amazing ishlers.



For the dough you need:

  • 600 gr flour
  • 400 gr butter
  • 1 spoon baking powder
  • 200 gr ground nuts
  • 150 gr powdered sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • pinch of salt
  • 2-3 spoons milk
  Now you have to just knead the dough with all these ingredients, but be careful to knead it very well.



    Share the dough in 2-3 parts, and work with one part at a time. Put it on a wooden board, or kitchen counter (first pour some flour so the dough won`t be sticky). Use a rolling pin to stretch out evenly the dough. 


  Now just cut out some round shaped cookies using a cup. You can make them as big or as small as you want. I used a middle sized cup (and I made aprox. 60 ishlers). Put baking paper on a tray, and then put the cookies. If you have patience, they will be perfectly round, if not, they`ll look like mine :)


  Leave them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. The edges should be a little bit gold.



They look great, don`t they? :) Okay, and for the cream, I used a simple buttercream. Here is what you need:
  • 400 gr butter
  • 250 gr powdered sugar
  • 1-2 spoons cocoa
First, mingle the butter with the powdered sugar.



You can add 1-2 spoons of cocoa. If you add 2 the cream will be darker, if you add only one, the cream will be lighter.



Now that the cream is done, just make some sandwiches using the cookies and the cream. You can put as much cream as you want. 





And now comes the frosting. I used melted chocolate, but I made a big mistake. I melted the milk chocolate in the microwave. God knows what happened, but the chocolate didn`t come out as I expected. But I had to use it since I didn`t have anything else in hand. 



  The ishlers still tasted amazing, although they didn`t look that good. We decided we`ll eat them all because they didn`t look good enough to show them to guests (and that wasn`t a problem at all).
  Another great thing about these little cookies is that you can make them like one week before holidays! You can easily store them in the fridge for one week. Enjoy them :)



I`m linking up with these amazing and inspiring parties.

31 comments :

  1. What an indulgent cookie my friend, lots of awesome chocolatey goodness :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. All the messy things are the yummiest ones :)

      Delete
  3. Not familiar with Ishlers...thanks for the step-by-step info♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/imposing/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look incredibly delicious!

    This is a new recipe for me!

    I'd love to have a few bites right now!

    Thanks for linking to the letter I.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! I love chocolate!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious.... though i'm nog realy a coociefan..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ishler are new to me and they look delicious! Although I have to say I prefer no frosting on top as I don't have much of a sweet tooth, Your photos are great to follow along with the whole mixing, baking, frosting process - reminds me of my mom as she's always baking something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. definitely inspired to make ishlers soon! they look yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you've gone and made me hungry!
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cristina, you had me laughing when you said you ate them all because they didn't look nice enough. It's all about the taste. Who cares if they are not perfect looking. Haha! They look perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how carefully you explain every step.
    Melting chocolate can be so tricky, it is temperamental stuff - I don't think these look as bad as you think they do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia. I lke to explain every step I make. I often find recipes that don`t have enough explanations, and I find it frustrating. So I`m trying to make it easy for everybody.

      Delete
  12. These remind of the Jam-jams my MIL used to make; they got better & better for being frozen & thawed later as they tasted even yummier than fresh.
    I came to visit from Happiness is Homemade bloghop; I hope you'll have time one day to visit the 4Shoes & let me know that you've been by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for talin the time to visit me. I will come by your blog :)

      Delete
  13. Thank you for so carefully eplaining the process. They look great! Thanks for sharing at My Busy Beehive's #beeparty this week! Come again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely treats! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Hearth and Soul, Cris!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cristina, these cookies look incredibly delicious...chocolate is always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. And yes, you are right, chocolate is always a winner :)

      Delete
  16. Definitely trying these cookies. Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould.

    ReplyDelete
  17. will do this for my mom's birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.