Lemon frosting

  
    There are some recipes that have their own personalized frosting. But as I said in another post, in the kitchen, any combination is possible. You can use this lemon frosting on any cake you want, on muffins, or just on a simple basic cake. 



  The ingredients you need, are:              
- 300 gr sugar
- the zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg white
- 1 spoon water

All you have to do is just mingle all these ingredients. I suggest not to use the electric mixer, sometimes it`s better if you do it manually.   So use a wooden spatula or a plastic one to mingle the ingredients. 
It will take about 15 minutes for the frosting to be done. I know it takes some time, and your hand will be tired, but trust me, it`s worth it.  

  If you want your frosting to look more yellow, you can use the zest of two lemons. The color will look like the frosting on the muffin below. Isn't it just beautiful?




Linking up with these amazing parties.

23 comments :

  1. I can actually feel that tangy lemon taste tingling on my tongue reading your recipe Cristina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting & useful recipe. Looks perfectly blended. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lemon flavored food! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything with lemon, so this is just perfect. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is different from the recipe I used to see, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm this sounds so good! My mouth is watering

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really zesty and good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This lemon frosting sounds so delicious. It would be great on my lemon blueberry bread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lemon flavored anything, especially this time of year! I will have to save this for later use....I see some lemon cupcakes with strawberries for 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cakes! and this is really nice! the cake looks delicious! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds and looks delicious! I have not mingled ingredients before, but when you mention that your hand/arm would be tired I believe it is mixing the ingredients well by hand? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a good alternative to the traditional frosting. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so good and delicious/.

    I really want to try my hands at baking but has zero confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love lemon frosting. The tanginess somehow neautralizes the sweetness. You recipe makes it look easy to do. I might try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks really really delicious ! I haven’t had one of these in so long !

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks interesting. I would love to try this on my next baking session. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lemon pastries are my favorite, so I definitely will be trying this out

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was justing thinking about making a lemon cake like so I'm going to save this frosting recipe. Fingers crossed I can try it this weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love zesty flavors so this ones for me. Except that I would love to try it Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lemon frosting is my number two (behind strawberry) I think I love the different taste it illicits. Going to have to give this a go over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love lemon frosting! This looks like it would taste so amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.