Lemon cake

Yum


 
I really don`t know why this cake is called 'lemon cake'. It`s not entirely of lemon, but it`s a recipe that I have from my grandmother, and it`s called like this since she was a child. So, I won`t change its name. Check out the recipe.





For the cake sheet, you need:
- 400 gr flour
- 100 gr butter
- 3 spoon sugar
- 5 spoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ammonia

You mix all these ingredients very well and then split them into 4 pieces. From these 4 pieces, you will cook 4 cake sheets. (As promised, very soon I`ll have a post on how to make these sheets ).
Don`t worry if the cake sheets tend to get upwards, just push them down with the cream, and they will be just fine.




For the cream you need:

- 200 gr sugar
- 3 spoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 500 ml milk
- 1 butter

   Mix the sugar with the flour, then add the eggs. Peel off a lemon and put the lemon zest and mix it with the composition you just made. Warm up the milk very well, almost boil it. Pour the milk in thin stripes over the composition, and cook it until the cream is stiff. 



Then add the lemon juice. Once it`s cooled, add the butter and mix it very well. Now, your lemon cream is done.

Finally, you will have a  cake with 4 layers, with lemon cream between the cake sheets. You can slice it as you like, rectangular or square. 


If you want, on the top of the cake you can scrape some chocolate. It looks good, doesn`t it? Enjoy :) 



Later edit: Here is my post on cake sheets





Linking up with these amazing parties! Come and join us HERE.








25 comments :

  1. Hi thanks for sharing this dessert recipe! It looks so good. Thanks too for stopping by my blog. I'm following you on google + have a nice weekend.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristina, this looks and sounds so good! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world! Feel free to share this tomorrow at my Make it Pretty Monday party which goes live at 8am. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com Hope to see you tomorrow at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! And for the invite, I will be joining your party!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina your lemon cake looks and sounds delicious. When I read the recipe I was a bit puzzled by the ammonia and lack of baking soda. Silly me just shows you how much I know about baking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. The baking soda is usually used for the puffy cakes, the ones that have to rise. As the cake sheets aren`t puffy, they still need some ammonia to make them a little bit soft.

      Delete
  5. What a great looking cake, but I was quite shocked by the ammonia! I have never heard of that being used in a food item! Still those old recipes can be real winners. Thank you for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, the presence of the ammonia is a little strange, but without it the cake isn`t the same. I know because I`ve tried it :)

      Delete
  6. This lemon cake looks tasty. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting recipe and sure is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. And yes, it is very delicious!

      Delete
  8. This looks awesome! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been featured on Smell Good Sunday, I hope you come back and join us this week http://jaytriedandtrue.blogspot.com/2017/04/smell-good-sunday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feature. Of course I`m joining again :)

      Delete
  10. Very interesting with the ammonia in the cake. Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like such a unique cake! I love lemon, so I'm sure it's yummy. Thanks for sharing at the Family Joy Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i will really eat it coz it looks deli
    #fdflinkparty

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is a true delight for me, so please don`t be shy.